About Us

We left the US to live in the Middle East in 2005 with one child and 10 suitcases. We've been here for over 5 years now and we have three children, each born on a different continent!
Welcome to our Blog! This is where we try to keep everyone up to date with news, stories and pictures from our lives! More about us...

Kenzy

Kenzy
2 years old!

Josiah

Josiah
4 Years

Landon

Landon
6 years old! First Grader!

Yvonne

Yvonne
Yvonne & Kenzy

Tim

Tim
Scuba Instructor Dad

The Camel

The Camel
Whaddup?

cute landon shots too...

Posted by Tim 09 December 2006

Landon trying to get into Josiah's bassinet.




















Some friends of ours were very gracious to us and gave us their swing. Landon came into our room one morning and decided that mommy needed her pillow so he went out to get it. It was already with mommy so when he didn't find and didn't return I figured I should go find him... to make sure he wasn't playing with knives or anything. I went out to find this scene.



















Yvonne made this very nice cake for my big 3-0.














A friend of ours bought me this cake for my birthday. Sarcasm just isn't understood here. For example... people will ask me where I am from and I'll tell them that I am American. After that I will ask them where they are from. It is obvious that they're from this country but I'll ask them and then tell them that I think they look german... they usually give me a funny look like i'm crazy and then they tell me that they're locals. I tell them that I am joking and they kind of sheepishly giggle. Another example is when we were in a cab and a guy cut us off and was driving kinda crazy. I told my taxi drive that the driver was really smart... to which he looked at me funny and said, "no, he is stupid!" He just didn't understand the sarcasm. So anyway the point of this story. Many months ago we met a friend here that understands and uses sarcasm. She bought me this cake which says in Arabic, "happy birthday, you jerk!". Haha... the bakery gave her such a hard time saying that she couldn't do that and that it was shameful. She told them the cake was for her brother and it was a joke. Nobody at the bakery understood but hey... I sure appreciate unleashing my sarcasm on her.





























Bathtime fun...



















We went to a big Christmas bazaar here. There was a big playground and landon had a great time.






















































And of course we enjoyed getting our picture taken with Santa. He makes a special trip to the middle east every year for this shin-dig.

0 comments

Search Our Blog

Search Posts by Label